Sunday, January 5, 2014

Northern Italy Watercolor

When I started painting again, after a long hiatus, I had the good fortune to have Melrose artist Tom Sutherland as my teacher.  Tom gave me the confidence I needed to pick up my brushes, relax and enjoy the experience.  His critiques were always encouraging and he was a teacher who willingly and generously shared his talent.  I am posting one of my first watercolor paintings from Tom's class in memory of a great artist, gentleman, and friend who passed away much too young after a courageous battle with cancer .

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

So sorry about your teacher and friend. What a loss. Lovely painting that will bring you right back to Italy, though!

Anonymous said...

Are you the Jane Lavender that made pottery in 1972?

xellmanx@aol.com